Information and Referral Center
The Information and Referral Center is located at the VA Puget Sound Health Care System in Seattle, WA and serves Washington, Oregon, Alaska, Hawaii and parts of Idaho. The Information and Referral Coordinator provides a variety of services to help in supporting people with Parkinson Disease (PD) and their caregivers, and can be reached at 206-277-5516 or at [email protected].
These services include:
- Distributing our DVD and other literature on PD on such topics as nutrition, exercise, medications and much more.
- Conducting literature reviews – occasionally there are topics that might not be covered by our literature. The Center can do a literature search to find the information you need.
- Maintaining, establishing, and facilitating support groups across our state to help ease the burden and provide education for patients and caregivers.
- Finding speakers for support groups and other organizations that seek to learn more about PD. A list of support groups can be found on our website.
- Maintaining a lending library of books and other information on Parkinson Disease.
- Providing referrals to physicians, allied health professionals, and other resources.
- Providing support to those who call about their own PD or that of a friend or loved one.
- Producing a quarterly newsletter, the Parkinson Pathfinder with information on educational events, topics of interest to people with Parkinson's and their caregivers, and a list of support groups across the state.
- Maintaining a list of websites with a wealth of information to help people with PD and their caregivers.
Coordinator, Information and Referral Center
American Parkinson Disease Association
Washington State Chapter
150 Nickerson Street, Suite 100
Seattle, WA 98109